Sunday 12 August 2012

This 'n' that


1 - The computer says 'no'.

Yesterday, I got my first rejection for a writing submission. It was for a short story I'd entered for an anthology at one of the Melbourne universities. They sent me a short email with the whole 'thanks but no thanks' deal. And they'd taken eight weeks to get back to me. Meh. Onwards and upwards! Today, I submitted two short stories to another two competitions/anthologies. And I'm waiting to hear back about a third submission, too. Fingers crossed!

2 - The write stuff.

I'm over half-way through my course this year, the Diploma of Professional Writing and Editing. So far, no-one has had to die. But two fellow students, with whom I was to write a collaborative piece, did leave the course several weeks ago. I'm trying not to take that too personally ...

3 - 20/20.

So far this year, I've read twenty books and seen twenty pieces of theatre. Not bad, I reckon! I'm a bit behind in my theatre reviews for my blog, so memo to self to get writing!




No comments:

Post a Comment